KIM KARDASHIAN NEWS TODAY, AND GET HEALTHY INSURANCE INFORMATION

Kanye West Didn't Receive 'Air Yeezy' Royalties From Nike

Share on :


By Sean Lynch

There's been a lot of chatter this week about Kanye West reportedly parting ways with Nike. Those rumors only grew following a recent Yeezus tour stop at Brooklyn's Barclays Center where West was quoted on stage making comments about Nike CEO Mark Parker. 'They tried to make it as small as possible. Mark Parker even talked sh--, talking about, 'We don't even know why people like the Yeezys.''


West may have also indirectly confirmed his departure from the company. 'You see me in interviews [talking about] how I want to do clothes,' shouted West. 'I want to let you know I signed my deal a week and a half ago.'


While there are currently no further details surrounding the deal West spoke of, many trendy-fashion insiders are pointing towards Adidas' Y-3 line. West appeared on The Russ Parr Morning Show in Washington D.C. this week where he shed a little bit more light on his riff with the Nike brand.


'If it's for myself, I would have been cool just sitting in Nike not getting no royalties,' he said. 'Letting people line up for the Yeezys and not-you know. When I'm having negotiations and then I go and look in my daughter's eyes...when I go and negotiate after that I'm like 'Oh y'all ain't finna talk to me like that. We finna get this money right.''


It will be interesting to see how the rest of this plot plays out. One interesting factor of West's tale of two brands is that he was spotted at the Adidas office nine days prior to his Barclays Center remarks. On November 11th a Twitter account (@WE_ARE_HXV) blew the lid on Ye's visit with the following Tweet.


Just met Kanye at the Adidas office while looking at Y3 samples for next season. I just shook his hand & said, 'thank you'


- HEROES X VILLAINS (@WE_ARE_HXV) November 12, 2013


The plot thickens and the chances of the Air Yeezy 2 'Red Octobers' being released seems less likely now.


0 comments on Kanye West Didn't Receive 'Air Yeezy' Royalties From Nike :

Post a Comment and Don't Spam!

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Search