KIM KARDASHIAN NEWS TODAY, AND GET HEALTHY INSURANCE INFORMATION

Kanye West: 9 Outrageous Quotes From This Week's Radio Interviews (Video)

Share on :


Kanye West brought his Yeezus tour to New York earlier this week, performing back-to-back shows at Madison Square Garden on Sunday and Monday. But before and after those concerts, he continued to make his voice heard to New York City radio listeners. West made a series of outrageous comments during interviews with Hot 97's Angie Martinez and SiriusXM's Sway Calloway, with whom he got into a heated argument on the air, earlier this week.


Check out some of his most eyebrow-raising comments:


PHOTOS: Kanye West's 20 Most Jaw-Dropping Quotes

On President Barack Obama:


West told Martinez, 'The reason Obama mentioned our name is cause we're most relevant...Obama was supposed to be the coolest person on the planet. Now he's gotta say our names in order to be cool.'


On being a token black man:


'There's also reasons why I'm there, cause I'm black,' the rapper said on Hot 97. 'They need a token. But since I'm the token, I'm gonna spend my token and take the train all the way home.'


On making money:


'I've gotta get my money up to another level cause it ain't on Jay Z level, it ain't on Diddy level yet,' West said on Martinez's show. 'I'm talking about economic empowerment because the economics give you choices, the choices can help give you joy and freedom. And I'm trying to find that joy.'


VIDEO: Kanye West Bashes Nike, Confirms Adidas Deal

On Kim Kardashian:


West was joined by his reality-TV-star fiancee at Hot 97. 'Our love story is like a love story for the ages,' he said of their relationship. 'I felt like when we first got together it was like a Romeo and Juliet kind of thing, where it's like she's a reality star and I'm a rapper and people talk about how our brands connect and what doesn't fit. I'm just so tired of the conversation of brands. Why don't we start a conversation with love? Why don't we start the conversation with God? Why don't we start the conversation with family instead? It's not about branding at a certain point...It's like kind of funny when people say, 'That was kind of weird y'all as a couple'...OK, ladies and gentlemen, all barbershops, fashion designers, architects, corner stores, Wall Street, all over the world: Y'all acting like this ain't the most beautiful woman of all time...I'm talking about like arguably of human existence, the top 10, of human existence. I don't give a f--- what type of jacket she got on.'


On staying calm:


Martinez asked West if he ever takes any time to relax, noting his consistent intensity, and West revealed what really puts him at ease. 'My girl set me up with a meeting with Deepak Chopra,' he explained. 'I said, 'Babe, you know what calms me down the most: success. You can't meditate me out of my ideas! You can't sedate me. What calms me down is success.' '


On Disney:


West had kind words for Disney CEO Bob Iger, with whom he says he's met eight times. 'I met with the head of Disney eight times and his response was 'Your brand doesn't fit our brand.' He's a nice guy. His name is Bob Iger. He's a great, great guy...He's the most powerful man in media,' West said. 'But what I'm saying is, 'Bob, I need a shot. I need to go to Disney Imagineering, and I need you to come see this show.' '


When Martinez said Iger was probably scared of the rapper, West responded: 'You don't have to be scared of me because I am loyal. Why are people so scared of creative ideas and so scared of truth? All I want to do is do good. How have I ever actually done bad? How have I ever actually talked down on someone? All I ever want to do is influence and do good, and I want to be recognized in this lifetime.'


VIDEO: Kanye West Says He Fears 'Losing Relevancy' in Music for Fashion

On his relationship with Nike:


West told Martinez, 'They let me design two shoes over five years and I'm happy that I could design 'em, but they ain't do me no favor cause Eminem designed a shoe and Pharrell [Williams] designed a shoe...You ain't never felt about a shoe the way people feel about the Jordans since the Yeezys...I put that feeling there...I said, 'I need some royalties.' Nike said, 'We can't give you royalties because you're not a professional athlete.' I told them, 'I go to the Garden and play one-on-no-one. I'm a performance athlete.' '


On his fashion ambitions:


He said on SiriusXM, 'I am Warhol. I am the No. 1 most impactful artist of our generation. I am Shakespeare in the flesh. Walt Disney, Nike, Google -- now who's going to be the Medici family and stand up and let me create more or do you want to marginalize me until I'm out of my moment...I'm going to be the first straight, hip-hop, loud celebrity, non-etiquette having, black out all the time, fresh ass, super-tasteful designer of all time. I'm going to be the Tupac of clothing.'


Earlier he told Hot 97, where he confirmed that he switched from Nike to adidas: 'I'm gonna be the first hip-hop designer and because of that, I'm gonna be bigger than Wal-Mart.'


On his global ambitions:


Kanye ultimately revealed that his real role model is a fictional candy chief. 'I think I do myself a disservice by comparing myself to Steve Jobs and Walt Disney and human beings that we've seen before. It should be more like Willy Wonka...and welcome to my chocolate factory.'


Stephanie Chan contributed to this report.

Watch West's full interviews on Hot 97 and SiriusXM below:


0 comments on Kanye West: 9 Outrageous Quotes From This Week's Radio Interviews (Video) :

Post a Comment and Don't Spam!

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Search