KIM KARDASHIAN NEWS TODAY, AND GET HEALTHY INSURANCE INFORMATION

Kanye West confirms deal with Adidas, new shoe titled “Yeezi”?

Share on :

This morning, Kanye West dropped by Phladelphia's Power 99, where, among other topics, he spoke about his new clothing line set to drop in September. (He compared it to the fashion equivalent of his debut album, College Dropout.) Earlier this evening, West appeared on New York's Hot 97, where he continued to talk his burgeoning fashion ventures by confirming a clothing and sneaker deal with Adidas.


Rumors of the venture broke last week, when West told the crowd at the Barclays Center that he'd signed 'a deal a week and a half ago' with the sportswear giant's high-end Y-3 imprint. According to subsequent rounds of rumors, West's line is being referred to as 'YEEZI' and was the result of time spent with Y-3 head Yohji Yamamoto during a recent Mercedes-Benz NYFW fashion show.


Without confirming any of the specifics, West further hyped the line's significance, adding, 'Whatever's official, non-official, what ya'll gonna see is...I am going to be the Tupac of product. That's what I wanna create. I'ma be the first hip hop designer. And because of that....I'ma be bigger than Walmart.'


The deal seemingly marks the ends of West's long-standing relationship with Nike. Over the last several years, West has designed a number of shoes for the iconic company, with his latest creation, the Yeezy II 'Red October', tentatively set to be released this year. Though, a several sources indicated, the Adidas deal may complicate any future release plans.


In the same Hot 97 interview, West explained his separation from Nike stemmed from diminished royalties:


'Michael Jordan has 5%, that business is $2 billion. He makes a $100 million dollars a year off of 5% royalties. Nike told me we can't give you royalties because you're not a professional athlete. I told them, I go to the Garden and go one on NO ONE. I'm a performance athlete. So the old me, without a daughter, would have taken the Nike deal because I just love Nikes so much. But the new me, with a daughter, takes the adidas deal because I have royalties and I have to provide for my family.'


Check out the full interview below (via Miss Info).


0 comments on Kanye West confirms deal with Adidas, new shoe titled “Yeezi”? :

Post a Comment and Don't Spam!

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Search